If you’ve listened the podcast in the past, you may have heard me talk about one of my favorite gaming products, my SCUF gaming controllers. Since I discovered SCUF, about a year or so ago, I was always intrigued by what their controllers could do for gamers. I had seen popular YouTubers like Ali-A using his SCUF on his channel, then at some of the Call of Duty Professional Series tournaments, the Pros were using them and had the SCUF logo on their shirts. I just had to Google them and figure out what made a SCUF, well, a SCUF.
After my little stint researching SCUF, I made contact with them and was able to obtain a controller for a review for LifeofDad.com, I spent some serious time with the SCUF 4PS controller, playing games like Call of Duty Ghosts and Black Ops 3. This was the first time I’d been able to play a fast paced “twitchy” shooter and was able to jump, aim in the air, and fire my weapon all at once, with ease. I didn’t have to use the dreaded “claw” position. SCUF’s proprietary back paddles, allowed me to remap the X button to the back left paddle and my slide button to the right paddle. This at first was a little odd to get use to, never having paddle on a controller, it was like learning to play games in a whole new way. Thankfully the process was short lived and within a few hours I was running and gunning like a pro.
A few months after my time with the 4PS controller, I saw that SCUF now had a Infinity 4PS controller, this was an upgraded version of the 4PS, as it now had a new, militarized grip on the back, removable/replaceable thumbsticks, with another proprietary method, using a simple key to change thumbsticks in seconds. They also introduced trigger extensions and trigger stops, allowing you the option to pull the trigger a fraction of the distance, while still firing your weapon (note: this does not work on all shooters or games, mainly just Call of Duty). I knew I needed to have this controller, since using it, I haven’t looked back. I can’t imagine playing my PS4 without my SCUF controller. I even have an Xbox One version of the Infinity, with four paddles on the back and awesome grips, unique to the Xbox version.
I tell you all that because I’m excited to announce today that SCUF has two new products they are launching, the SCUF IMPACT (for PS4 and PC) and the SCUF Infinity 4PS PRO (also for PS4 and PC). The SCUF IMPACT is a completely new controller from the ground up. While the 4PS controller was always based off the official Sony branded controller, the SCUF IMPACT is now SCUF’s own design, with all of their proprietary concepts baked in to offer an even greater experience. But they’ve also upped the ante by redesigning the back, PS4 users will now have access to 4 electro-magnetic remappable paddles, like their Xbox One friends. There’s even an improved cable retention design on the back, with a tiny box built around the plug of the MicroUSB port, which stops the cable from wiggling back and forth and up and down, which prevents stress on the port and damaged cords (if you think that’s a non-issue, then you’re not playing hard enough). The new IMPACT controller still offers all the great stuff like the swappable thumbsticks, trigger extensions, adjustable trigger stops all coupled with SCUF’s new ergonomic design that is 6mm wider to add in those 2 extra paddles. With these new adjustments and design, players will be able to flex more and reach less.
In addition to the IMPACT Controller, the Infinity 4PS is getting a boost as well, as the new Infinity 4PS “PRO.” The PRO controller retains the classic design of the first party Sony controller, but is now modular. SCUF has once again redesigned the back of the controller, allowing the paddles (which are now removable) to be recessed into the back. They also feature improved switch technology and improved circuit boards for better click through rates, meaning a more responsive button/click.
I’ll be posting a video this evening, once I’m able to spend some time with the controllers and I’ll try to have a full review up this weekend. So be sure to check back here for more.
The CEO of SCUF, Duncan Ironmonger, sent over the following statement:
“Innovating and continually raising the bar to offer new levels of functionality, comfort and customization is what drives us. We’re thrilled to release 2 new SCUF controllers; 1.) The SCUF Infinity4PS PRO is a wonderful evolution of the Infinity series with advances in technology that answer and exceed the requests of the competitive PlayStation 4 gaming community, including the removable paddles! 2.) The SCUF IMPACT is a project we have been working on for the last 15 months and is our best SCUF yet! We have totally re-engineered the extremities and curvature of the controller to offer an alternative for multiple hand sizes whilst creating space for four paddles.”
The SCUF Infinity 4PS PRO starts at just $129.99 and SCUF IMPACT starts at only $139.95. Both models are available for the PS4 and work on the PC as well. As a special introductory offer, SCUF is offering a fully loaded SCUF promotion for all spectrum colors; for the promo, the SCUF Infinity 4PS PRO is priced at $179.95, €179.95 & £149.99, and the SCUF IMPACT is priced at $189.95, €189.95 & £159.99 for a limited time. For additional information please visit scufgaming.com.
Below are some features that I may have left out, but trust me, add to the experience of playing with a SCUF.
The SCUF IMPACT and SCUF Infinity4PS PRO offer several new features to complement SCUF’s patented and patent pending features, including:
Wired Connectivity through USB or Wireless Connectivity through Bluetooth
• Play wireless using bluetooth
• Or play wired through USB connectivity using a micro USB cable
SCUF Paddle Control System
• Determining factor for elite gamers, allowing players to keep their thumbs on thumbsticks while using the back paddles to perform advanced moves
• Increased durability in paddles, which are now removable and interchangeable.
• NEW removable paddles include a free 12 month paddle replacement policy, should the paddles break during normal use.
• NEW recessed paddle design makes paddles even easier to reach, includes grip, grooves and are curved at the end to support your fingertips
• Infinity4PS PRO – Play with 0, 1 or 2 removable paddles and change on the fly
• IMPACT – Play with 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 removable paddles and change on the fly
SCUF Infinity4PS PRO Removable Paddles
Interchangeable Thumbstick Control Area
• Switch thumbsticks in seconds with the SCUF ring and lock system
• SCUF thumbsticks provide an increased surface area for the thumbs to grip
• Choose from five color options (black, white, red, blue & green)
• Infinity4PS PRO – choose from 4 thumbstick options; short domed, short concave, long domed, long concave
• IMPACT – choose from 5 thumbstick options; short domed, short concave, long domed, long concave or standard PS4 thumbsticks
SCUF Ring and Lock System
• Fully removable and customizable rings
• Self-lubricating material on the rings ensures that thumbsticks glide seamlessly
• Rings provide a secure lock of thumbsticks; won’t fall out off or be misplaced
• Rings are available in eleven color options (black, grey, white, green, light blue, dark blue, yellow, red, orange, pink and purple*) *IMPACT ONLY
Cable Retention System (IMPACT ONLY)
• Improve life of USB connection – Cavity housing to ensure SCUF USB cable is a secure and tight fit
• Beneficial for wired connectivity where uninterrupted gameplay is required
Military Grade SCUF Grip – Handcrafted Process
• Textured, non-slip surface is ideal for extended hours of gameplay
• Choose from five color options (black, red, blue, green and white*)
SCUF EMR (Electro Magnetic Remapping) Technology
• Use SCUF EMR Mag Key for ‘on the fly’ remapping of the back paddles to any face button
• Simultaneously press the face button and paddle you want to assign – job done
• Infinity4PS PRO – 6.33 x 3.91 x 2.83 inches (16.15 x 9.93 x 7.17 cm)– shape familiarity and two paddle play
• IMPACT – 6.77 x 4.06 x 2.72 inches (17.20 x 10.30 x 6.91 cm) – completely new shape designed for multiple hand sizes and four paddle play
SCUF Trigger System comes with three core features:
Quick Shift Trigger Stops
• Quick Shift Trigger Stops enable the user to activate various activation points on the trigger stop
• Reduction of unnecessary trigger movement past the activation point – great for shooter games!
Adjustable Hair Trigger Mechanism
• Mechanically tune to make weapon fire a one tap process by eliminating unnecessary latency
• Activate with an easy turn of the SCUF key
• Primarily used in shooter games
Trigger Covers and Trigger Extenders
• Fully removable and easily clip onto triggers
• Improve trigger accuracy and hand comfort
• Extend the natural parameters of the controller to suit larger hand sizes
• Choose from six color options (black, white, red, blue, green and yellow)